Why I started Blogging

Saturday 25 April 2015

So I gathered that lots and lots of people join the blogging world everyday and I wanted to share with you the reasons that I started a blog. For a couple of years now, I have been following multiple blogs and still enjoy reading them daily, infact I loved reading them so much that I wanted to start my own. The only problem was that I didn't know what to write about, and then it occured to me that surely I should write about anything I have a passion for. Shouldn't blogging be a place where you can share opinions and views on things on any topic that takes your interest? I think so. I feel like blogging is an escape from the normal world and a way to connect to people who enjoy writing and doing the same things as you, if anything, it's a great way to make a wide variety of friends with different interests. It's also a platform where we can express our interests that contrast from school work and gcse's and it's often a great escape to sit at a computer and just write about the things you love. 


I genuinely think of blogging as a big community where everyone is supportive of each other's ideas and opinions and a place where other bloggers have the chance to offer their own advice, opinions and stories. Recently, I have read a few posts about bloggers who want to quit blogging because of the way it has changed from what it used to be and I want to let you know that that is something I really don't want to happen. I may only have had my blog for two months, but I have already love it, I've fallen in love with the community where everyone is supportive of each other. It's so surreal to me to think how we can make friends with people so similar to us through writing about things we love.  I think it would be nice to think of this blog as a sort of diary for myself where I can look back in weeks, months and who knows, maybe even years and be proud of the person I've become, and look at the changes I made on that journey, whilst remembering the wonderful memories made along the way. 

I do want to make it very clear though before carrying on with my blog, that by any means, I am not doing this to see how many followers I can get, or see how popular I can get, I am simply doing this because it is what I love doing, writing and sharing my opinions about the things I love. So long as the people who read my posts, get something from them or at least enjoy them, then that's all that matters to me. Blogging definitely shouldn't become a competition between bloggers and who can get the most followers because all I want to do is to be able to express my opinions to a community where I am not judged for showing you who I am, what I like and what I do. I really would like this to become a friendly, positive, supportive platform of people who are honestly proud of what their blogging friends have achieved. I just love blogging, it's that simple. 

My main aim is to be able to make people happier and interested in reading my blog, I hope do this by posting on Sundays weekly, I also hope to blog with the idea to inspire other bloggers and give them advice and ideas on blog posts. Although I haven't had my blog for long, I feel like I have learnt a few essential tips along my journey so far, and what a better way to share them with you than on this post. 

My five tips for starting a blog: 

1) Have a reason to start it, it can be simple, maybe you have been inspired, or maybe you have a strong passion for the things you want to blog about. Once you have that reason, write about it and share your opinions with your readers. 

2) Post regularly, this can be weekly, fortnightly or daily, but make it manageable so you don't feel like you are letting your readers down. I suggest weekly as most blog posts take a long time to write as there is a lot of thought that goes into each and every one of them. 

3) Always keep in contact with the viewers who show you love. If someone takes the time to comment, leave them a comment back, this is a great way to create a happy, loving community. 

4) Make each blog post interesting and have a similar amount of passion into each one. If you can't think of anything to write about, then don't write, always write with interest. 

5) Try and leave advice, tips and comments on other people's blogs that you find interesting. It helps them to improve and gives them a self-esteem boost to know that you like what they are writing. 

I hope you liked this late introduction on why I started blogging and I hope to continue doing what I love. I really have become so interested in writing weekly, it isn't a chore and I have found a hobby that I've instantly fell in love with. Until next week, goodbye!

Alex Lauren  

Social media:
Twitter: @lexylaw99
Instagram: @alexllaw
Tumblr: http://wrong-n-wright.tumblr.com
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/alex-lauren-13970129


8 comments:

  1. I really like your blog & think you deserve more recognition so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you choose and want to participate please let me know :) You can check out more info on my recent post - http://naturallynw.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-award-nomination.html

    Keep up the awesome blogging.
    xo
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much!! Will check it out :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi dear, you have such a lovely blog and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    xoxo
    My blog: www.love-joice.com
    BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938
    INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much! I just followed you on both, thanks for reading! X

      Delete
  3. This is a great post! I'm always interested to hear why people started blogging.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you for taking the time to read it!! Will check out your blog x

      Delete
  4. Great tips! Love this post - so helpful! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Georgia! Speak soon :) x

    ReplyDelete