My Skin Care Routine

Sunday 19 April 2015

As with most teenager’s skin, mine is unfortunately very un predictable and sometimes it will be really nice and other times it will be my worst nightmare. However, I do religiously follow a simple skin care routine morning and night which does help in the process of clearing my skin. There are 6 products I use that I would like to share with you and hopefully help anyone suffering from bad skin at the moment, and the best bit about it is that it only takes 5 minutes! Bad skin can make us very self-conscious and worried about what other people will think, so hopefully by following a simple skin care routine, everyone can start to feel more confident with their skin and look happier.

I first take off all my makeup from throughout the day with the Clarins water purify one-step cleanser. When looking for a good (affordable) makeup remover, I wanted something that wouldn’t clog my pores, wasn’t too oily and took off my makeup quickly. I don’t like to use makeup wipes much as I tend to find that they are quite harsh on my skin and leave it feeling sore and red. So I found this cleanser, and I love it as I find that the remover leaves my skin feeling really soft, probably down to its addition of mint essential water. It’s really important to remove makeup before going to bed as if left on as little as twice a week, it can make our skin red and cracked with very clogged up pores that can lead to very serious damage over time.

Next I wash my face with a simple boots own tea tree wash which is great for most skin types as it contains antibacterial tea tree oil and witch hazel. I find that it doesn’t dry my skin out, leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, and unblocks pores. Although, sometimes it can leave a shine to my face which can be easily fixed with a shine control moisturiser later on in my routine. It is just as important to wash your face as it is to brush your teeth everyday, as it removes the gradual build up of dirt and oil from throughout the day and gently removes dead skin cells, which boosts hydration in my skin leaving it looking fresh and revived.

About twice a week I add in an exfoliator to my routine after cleansing my face and I use the Clarins one-step gentle exfoliating cleanser. Exfoliation is really important as it helps to achieve healthy and glowing skin, as well as removing dead skin cells. The more you remove dry dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, the less oil that will stay trapped in clogged-up pores on the face. So if you suffer from oily skin like me, then you could be missing one of the most important steps in a skin care routine. The Clarins exfoliator, although excellent, can sometimes be a little harsh on my face, so I often find myself switching to the boots tea tree facial scrub, with active charcoal which may seem like a strange conception, but works like magic!

After cleansing and exfoliating, I use the Clinique all about eyes cream which works so well, it gets rid of the bags under my eyes, brightens them up and makes my skin generally look healthier! Finally, I use the Aveeno moisturiser which is actually for dry and sensitive skin but works perfectly for my oily skin! There are many different moisturisers out there for certain skin types and I am yet to find a better one than this but if you have any tips on moisturisers let me know!

And that’s it, it’s as easy as that to keep skin healthy and unblocked! With this simple routine I think it makes my whole attitude to the day lighten up as I feel fresh and ready to face whatever the day brings me. If anyone has any skin care routines that they use please leave suggestions in the comments. Thank you for reading and sticking with me, that’s it for now!





Alex Lauren  

Social media:
Twitter: @lexylaw99
Instagram: @alexllaw
Tumblr: http://wrong-n-wright.tumblr.com
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/alex-lauren-13970129

9 comments:

  1. Anything with tea tree as an ingredient always seems to work so well for me! I'll have to go and give these a try, a nice change from the Superdrug tea tree products I've been using for years. Great post! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I will have to give super drug a try too, never even thought of them :) Thanks, I've had a look at your blog and it's so good! x

      Delete
  2. Hey hun! I love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster awards! Head over to my blog https://ffauxreal.blogspot.com to find the rules and see the questions I set you. I hope you have fun answering them.

    Take care
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much and thanks for the nomination! x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post :) Good to get some info on others daily routine. My make-up remover is just about to run out so might try the clarins. I too can't use make up wipes so the clarins should be a good match for me :) ;http://evverythingnice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The clarins works really well so you should give it a go! I will have a look at your blog :) x

      Delete