Where do I want to travel?

Tuesday 21 April 2015

I have already decided that I need to take a gap year, I want to travel so much that I just have to! The places I want to go to sound so amazing and so full of life and the different cultures interest me so much. I thought that I would share my top five places that I definitely want to travel to when I’ve finished university.

1.  New York
Since I was a little girl, I have always aspired to go to New York, especially at christmas. It is full of places to visit and attractions to see, I would love to go with a friend for a week and go shopping and sight-seeing. Places I would love to see would have to include the famous Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. If I went at christmas then I think I would definitely be paying a trip to the Rockefeller Centre and go ice skating! I am a massive fan of art, culture and architecture and the museums in NYC are world-class! I would happily spend a day in the Museum of Modern Art or the Metropolitan Museum of Art and just take photos and draw. Adding to New York's amazing attractions, its parks are beautiful and know for being green, the perfect place to go for a picnic in the summer or go for an early morning run, play games and catch up with friends. In my gap year, I would love to live in New York for a bit and see what it’s all about!

2.  Australia
My closest auntie, uncle and cousins live in Brisbane, Australia and this is one of the main reasons I would like to go to Australia, I really miss them and they only come back to the UK to visit once or twice a year so it would be lovely to visit them instead. Another reason I think Australia would suit me is the sun!! I absolutely love hot weather and the sun and no matter where you go in Australia, it is pretty much always warm and I am also a great lover of the beach which they have plenty of on the coast. Australia is a very active place to live, another reason it’s the perfect place to travel too, it would be great to surf, sail, ride, run, fish and swim all day long. However, I definitely wouldn’t like the insects they get there as I am absolutely terrified of spiders, but the other animals that live in Australia such as koalas, kangaroos and wombats are things that I would die to see! Finally, the sights and views of the insanely beautiful land in Australia are a must to see before I get old! 



3.  India
As I’ve mentioned before, I have a huge passion for different types of culture and I think travelling to India would be a great place to learn about different ones. I love how there is so much variety in India, there are amazing sights, the Himalayas, beaches, tribes and deserts which almost makes it sound like a perfect place to go travelling around! Living in Britain, you almost adapt to taking everything around us for granted, whereas I think India is the place that everyone advises you to visit at least once in your life. The reason being that it broadens your perspective on life so much and puts you completely out of your comfort zone. I’d love to travel to India as I think I would come home realising how fortunate we are in the way we live. India is known for spirituality, it can be very inspiring and refreshing for the soul and I’d love to spend a day learning yoga and how to meditate. 

4.  Paris
I live in the UK, so most people would assume I had been to Paris, but guess what, I haven’t! But it’s somewhere that I really want to visit and it has reasonably good weather most of the time! My grandparents live in France and say that the sights are gorgeous, especially at night, I used to study French but didn’t really enjoy the language so I don’t think I will be speaking any of it! It has been my dream for ages to visit the Eiffel Tower as it is just so magnificent and one of the world’s most iconic constructions, another place I would love to visit would have to be to the Louvre Museum as I love art and the building itself is incredible, not to mention that it holds the Mona Lisa, which I would love to see. I am also a huge fan of culture, and Paris definitely has lots of it with so much art and history, especially at the Notre Dame and the museums. I almost forgot to mention Disneyland! I have never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld and I really want to before I grow up, it’s one of those places that every kid wanted to go and still wants to go, full of magic and excitement.



5.  Brazil
Brazil is known for its amazing landscapes and ecosystems, and that’s one of the main reasons I want to travel here. I love Brazil’s choice to preserve as many endangered places as possible, after all, this is the only reason that travellers can actually visit Brazil. The Amazon River and Rainforest looks absolutely mind-blowing, and to see that in person would be a dream come true, it’s one of the reasons that Brazil looks so special and alive with wildlife and nature. Brazil holds lots of culture, including celebrations and events such as the famous Carnival which looks like so much fun to be involved with.


So those are my top five places that I want to travel, let me know where you want to go travelling and where you have already been in the comments and please help me by sharing, commenting and following my blog. I will try my hardest to upload a new blog post every Sunday. Bye for now!

Alex Lauren  

Social media:
Twitter: @lexylaw99
Instagram: @alexllaw
Tumblr: http://wrong-n-wright.tumblr.com
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/alex-lauren-13970129


3 comments:

  1. New york australia and brazil are on my list too. Thank you for sharing i enjoyed reading your post
    x.Abril
    ps: I'm hosting a free advertising giveaway you may be interested.

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I will have a look at your blog and your ad! x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh thank you so much!! Will check out your blog while I am there too :) x

    ReplyDelete